Main Article Content
This study addresses the question of the respondents ‘problems in writing a research article. The participants in this study were six teachers who enrolled in the journal writing class in a university in Karawang. Three of them are ready with submission, but three others are not. The data were collected by way of two techniques: analysis of the article portfolio and interviews. The data were later codified and triangulated in order to reveal the participants’ technical problems based on the research article elements and participants’ psychological interference. The findings show that the respondents still had problems in achieving the communicative purposes of the journal article elements. In general their problems were in giving justifications. Their writing also tend to be failed to spot the justification of their choice of the research methodology. They still missed to fill the gap with the previous researches, missed the mark to give interpretation on the results and discussion section, and do not offer recommendation in the conclusion. Likewise, the participants also have some of psychological interference in composing and submitting their article.
- Alwasillah, C. (2007). Pokoknya menulis: cara baru menulis dengan metode kolaborasi. Bandung: Kiblat.
- Emilia, Emi. ( 2008). Menulis Tesis dan Disertasi. Bandung: AlfabetaEmilia, E. (2005).
- Hyland, K. (2009). Teaching and researching writing. Malaysia: Pearson Education Limited.
- Maehr, M. (1983). Social origins of achievement motivation. In N. Warren (Ed), Studies in Cross- Cultural Psychology (3). New York: Academic Press.
- Makmun, A. (1996). Psikologi kependidikan. Bandung: PT Remaja Rosda Karya.
- Owens, T., Stryker,S.,&Goodman,N. (2001). Extending self-esteem theory and research: sociological and psychological currents. UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Oztruck, H & Cecen, S. (2007). The effects of portfolio keeping on writing Anxiety of EFL students. Journal of Language and Linguistic Studies Vol 3 No.2.
- Palladino, C. (2004). Developing self-esteem: A guide for positive success. California: Crisp Publications, Inc.
- Wigati, F.A, Iman, C.H., Writing an International Journal Article... 107
- Plummer, D. (2001). Helping children to build self- esteem. London: Jessica Kingsley Publisher, Ltd.
- Paltridge, Brian& Starfield, Sue.( 2007). Thesis and Disertation Writing in a Second Language. New York : Routledge
- Swales, John M & Feak, Christine B. ( 2004). Academic Writing for Graduate Students. Michigan: The university of Michigan Press.
- Westwood. ( 2008). What teachers need to know about reading and writing difficulties. Australia: ACER press.
- Yuhardi. (2009). Exploring the students’ difficulties in writing argumentative essay. Unpublished Thesis, English Language Education Program. Bandung: Graduate School Indonesia University of Education
- Wigati,F.A(2014). Students’ Ability and Problems in Writing a Descriptive Essay,Proceeding of 61st Teflin,Sebelas Maret University,p.99-114